King Antiochus encouraged to move Jews from different parts of the world to Sardis…
Sardis synagogue dates back to 3rd century BC
- Government licensed English speaking guide
- Transportation on A/C vehicles
- Entrance fees to the sites mentioned on the itinerary
- Roundtrip transfers from/to central hotels
- Parking fees and local taxes
- Gratuities for guide and driver
Summer : Light comfortable clothing and shoes. Sunglasses, suncream, hat and camera.
Winter : Warm casual, comfortables shoes, sunglasses, hat and camera.
Some Synagogues may not be accessible at the time of your tour.
We need your passport copies by email or fax for Synagogue visit permission.
Drive to Sardis (Rev: 3-16) the capital of the ancient Lydia. View the significant ruins of Acropolis. Visit the Temple of Cybele and Diana, which later became a church. See the golden river Pactalos and the royal Road. Then visit the reconstructed Synagogue, the Gymnasium and the newly excavated area. Drive back to Izmir. Visit the Old Elevator & the Beth Israel synagogue or St. Policarp Church at your choice.